Due to seasonal availability alternative flowers in similar colours may have to be used occasionally.
Looking for the perfect gift to surprise and delight, send orchids. Make an impression with orchids either as cut flowers or a potted item which have a long life if maintained…
Orchids flowers are magnificently elegant, strikingly exotic and beautifully delicate that are the perfect gift for someone special. Orchid plants make splendid gifts adding beauty and sophistication to your loved ones home or office.
Orchids of Tewantin source our products only from the best growers who take pride in growing and delivering the finest orchids for you.
How best to look after your cut orchids
- Cut the stems with a sharp knife on an angle
- Place the flowers in a small amount of water changing every 2 days
- Spray the flowers daily with a water bottle
- Display orchids away from direct sunlight
How best to look after your potted orchid
- Display orchids in a well lit and warm position away from direct sun light
- Water thoroughly once a week making sure the water is drained from the roots. Never leave roots standing in water as this will shorten the flower life
- A little good quality plant food given at half strength can be given now and then when you think its necessary
- Once the plant has finished flowering trim off the flower stem just above the eye down the bottom where the stem is thicker
- Position the orchid in a cool and shady place in the garden